VOPs: attributes from point clouds

3438   4   1
22 posts
Hello,

I am doing a tutorial for sourcing fuel, temperature, and an activation attribute from points.
I am having an issue transferring attributes from some re-sampled curves to a point cloud on a grid.

I am first using a re-sampled curve with carve SOPs to create points that have these attributes. I think the issue I am having is getting these points into my VOP network. To do this I have 3 Point Cloud Open nodes in my VOP. I am then using the expression:

opinputpath(“.”, 1)

The 1 is replaces with the correct inputs. I think this is where I am going wrong but cant be sure. The tutorial says to use the expression

op:'opimportpath(“.”, 1)'

but this is giving me a syntax error. I have the point cloud open feeding into a Point Cloud Filter looking for my created attributes. The output from those are fed into a float to vector then to the Point Color attribute on my output. I am only getting 0 values on my RGB for the points. Am I doing this incorrectly?

I am using 12.5

Thanks,
James

Attachments:
Screenshot-2.png (241.5 KB)
Screenshot-1.png (271.6 KB)

1391 posts
do you just to know how you can take attrs (like Cd) from points and import these in the VOP with pcOpen ?
is it true ?
if it's true so check attached file :?

if no, Please explain more clearly :idea:
Thanks

Attachments:
JK_PC.hip (83.6 KB)

https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
1391 posts
To open points in the “Point Cloud Open” you should use below expression for first input :

op:`opinputpath(“.”,0)`
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
50 posts
to expand on this, one of the best permanent defaults i've seen people use is to set the file parm on the pointcloud open vop to be

op:`opinputpath(“..”,1)`

so by default it uses the second input as your pointcloud. then you just need to change the 1 as needed, and you don't need to mess with unnecessary parameters or jumping between two levels.

also. sup James?
22 posts
Using op:`opinputpath(“..”,1)` worked wonderfuly and I was rewarded with a pretty pyro sim. Thanks guys!

Sup Dan! I will try not to blow up your gchat with probs as I work through these tutorials….
  • Quick Links