H13 Fatal Error issues

3170   5   0
4 posts
Hey all,

I'm having some issues with my Houdini Apprentice HD no matter what I do I'm constantly getting errors.

I can create geo with no issues but as soon as I try to do anything like convert a sphere to a cloud using the Cloud rig tool Houdini fatal errors and closes down.

I thought the issue might be a driver problem so I rolled back my driver on my ATI Card and still had problems. Today I got a new nVida GTX 770 and I'm still having problems even after a fresh install.

System specs:
CPU: intel i7 3820 3.6Ghz
RAM: 24GB Corsair 1866MHz
VIDEO CARD: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 2Gb Driver Version 331.82
MOTHER BOARD: Asus p9x79LE
Houdini Version: 13.0.260

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Sam

Attachments:
crash.untitled.Samuel_2020_log.txt (3.5 KB)

4 posts
just a quick update I managed to install an older version of Houdini 12.5.469 and it is working fine so really not sure what the problem could be.
Staff
4443 posts
Hi Sheller, sorry to hear that you're having trouble, and thanks for the crash log. The crash is occurring while cooking a SOP as part of a DOP simulation. Any chance you could provide the hip file you are opening? You can submit the hip file through the Support->Submit Bugs and RFEs menu at the top of the page.

Does Houdini run properly when you start it fresh (without loading a hip file)?

Thanks,
Mark
4 posts
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the Reply

i have submitted a bug report and attached the hip file here if you or anyone wishes to look at it.

Houdini runs fine when started but as soon as i do anything like add fur to a sphere or convert something to a vop it crashes.

Attachments:
crash.untitled.Samuel_2020.hip (476.8 KB)

Staff
4443 posts
Thanks for the file. If you want to add to the bug some of the other crash logs you've generated starting with a fresh Houdini (along with the steps that led to the crash), that could also help us track this down.

Thanks,
Mark
5 posts
I'm also having the same problem. Has this bug been fixed?

Edit For those of you that have similar problems Updating to Windows 7 service pack 1 fixed it
  • Quick Links