Unique name attribute in voronoi fracture?

3443   4   1
13 posts
I have three boxes that are spaced out from each other. I merged each one and then plugged the result into a voronoi fracture digital asset. For some reason, I have a repeating name attribute on certain primitives. Any idea why this is happening or how I can get unique name attributes for each primitive?

Thanks for your time.

Attachments:
voronoi_question.hip (120.8 KB)

44 posts
Hey Herve,

Hope you are well.
From your file, this looks correct. Delete all the groups except for one. For example,@name=piece0. You should get one group made up of several primitives that belong to piece0.

What I did was create a new primitive attribute(Foo) and set it's value to $PR. This will give each prim a unique Foo value. The in a foreach sop set to Each Attribute Value with the Attribute set to Foo. Go inside, copy the first Value from the each node and set it as the group name: group`stamp(“..”, chs(“../forstamp”) + “1”, 0)`. That should do it.

Hope that makes sense. Here is your file.

cheers

Attachments:
voronoi_question_unique_name.hip (143.7 KB)

13 posts
Thanks for taking a look, I appreciate your help.

I don't think I explained myself correctly. I'm essentially trying to get a unique name for each piece of all three boxes so I can feed it into a glue rbd object with connect adjacent and have each piece of all three boxes react independently.

If you look at the attached file, you'll see that after plugging the result into a glue rbd object, all three boxes remain connected even though they're not connected (the top box stops falling as soon as the bottom boxes hit the ground).

Attachments:
voronoi_question_with_glue2.hip (259.2 KB)

44 posts
Hey Herve,

Here you go. I redid your scene. Just make them RBD Fracture Objects first and then use Glue Adjacent.

Say Hello to Jacob.

cheers

Attachments:
voronoi_question_with_glue_fix.hip (287.7 KB)

13 posts
that did the trick, thanks!!
  • Quick Links