found nodes with near-zero masses error SOLVED!

4013   5   0
25 posts
Hello everyone,

i Wanted to to ask if anybody can help me out with this issue, seems that every model i import into houdini trough obj, once the finite solver is applied return this error, i have no idea on how to fix this, i have try watching the tetrahedralize node, but i can't fix it.

I am totaly new to houdini so would be very kind if someone could give me any tips

thanks
Edited by - Jan. 15, 2014 16:13:15
25 posts
Seems like the problem rely in the mesh, but i cannot understand how to “prepare” correctly the mesh in houdini, i have tried importing it in mudbox, but its not returning any error so i wonder how or where i could check the integrity of the mesh to work with the solver…any clues?
4189 posts
The PolyDoctor node? Not sure if it will help but there is a Topology tab in there.
25 posts
Thank you for the tip, but seems that even that tool is not helping out, i am starting to think i need to rebuild completelly my mesh…
25 posts
for any good soul that want to check to see whats wrong in this scene heres the .hip, if you want to see what the problem could be.

Thanks

Attachments:
rose.hip (102.7 KB)

181 posts
It's probably not an issue on your machine, but this hip file seems to be missing its rose object resource file.

I'm still trying to learn about all the capabilities in the new solid solver tools. But it seems its error messages are sometimes just temporary warnings.

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini13.0/nodes/dop/finiteelementsolver [sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links