question about buying houdini and upgrade prices

4985   3   2
172 posts
hello

i was thinking to get the full houdini 13 package “houdini fx” for my freelance.
i wanted to know if there are plans for upgrades or do we have to buy the new version of the software at full price every years?

thank you for answering
696 posts
If you get the Anual Upgrade Plan, you'll get all the upgrades and new versions for the duration of your coverage. If you choose to renew your AUP every year it's cheaper than the full houdini price, but if you stop it for whatever reason you'll have to pay full price in order to get in the AUP again.
I think that's about it, if I understand well.
You should contact support if you have more specific questions or case scenarios.

Cheers
Toronto - ON
My Houdini playground [renderfarm.tumblr.com]
“As technology advances, the rendering time remains constant.”
172 posts
i will contact them to know exactly how much it would cost

thanks for your help.
279 posts
You can find prices here http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=385&Itemid=190 [sidefx.com]
If you choose a workstation license, your license is locked on one computer and you have one year of support and upgrade. After that, you will need to pay AUP for the next year with full upgrade and support. In this case first year, 4495 USD, then 2495 USD each year for AUP.
With Local Access License, it's the same except the license is a floating one. You can launch houdini on any computer but only one at the same time.

FYI, with AUP you will get full support from SESI, and they are very very reactive. If you are already working on a big project, SESI can convert only one time an .hipnc file into .hip file.
  • Quick Links