assigning unique node names into otl possible?

1538   2   0
50 posts
Hello, I'm building some OTLs and ran into this issue. I need some way to assign unique name to particluar nodes. By default, if you have 5 copies of your OTL, all the nodes inside will have the same name… and this is breaking my DOPs. So I thought I could possibly use `` syntax, but it seems that SOP/DOP names do not support this… Was thinking also to link the node name to the OTL interface…but I kinda failed, is this even possible? What options are really available for resolving such an issue? :roll:

Thanks in advance!
2624 posts
Hi , if your making a OTL thats creating some new data ie “blah” just make the the data name based on the otl name or a portion of the string of the otl name.

Rob
Gone fishing
50 posts
Thank you for the feedback Rob! Unfortunatelly, the data (or maybe “folder name” is more correct term, because the data is “glue” and it is already user defined.) in the DOP inherits the name of this particular node. (Im basing my OTL on the “glue adjacent pieces” OTL in H13, so if this folder “glue_Wall4” is not being changed for example to “glue_Wall5” in the next copy of the OTL, it rewrites the whole content in it (where I actually let the user define the name of the glue data)).

All attach a pic of what I'm talking about, because I feel I explained it too messy…

p.s. What “Glue” is is user defined, but if “glue_Wall4” (what is the name of the DOP node) doesnt get renamed procedurally, it overwrites the whole folder with the settings of the latest OTL version, thus making the whole DOPnet broken. Any further insight will be amazing!

edit: It seems I was able to resolve my issue by editing the initial constraint network OTL :idea:

Attachments:
visualization.jpg (120.6 KB)

• Quick Links