Newbbie question on missing shelves

3742   4   1
9 posts
Im new to Houdini ive mostly worked in Maya. ive installed houdini and its running fine trying to follow some begginers tutorials from the getting started series. only problem i got is that the default shelf is missing(the one with all the primitives like the sphere,cube etc). what should i do to get Houdini running with the default settings? Help!!!!!!! i have attached a screen shot of the error to this message

Attachments:
Error.jpg (43.5 KB)

333 posts
what happens if you change your desktop back to the standard build or some others?

Windows -> Desktop -> Build

Otherwise there is a “Plus” sign in the shelves that will let you add it
“Shelves -> Create” is the one.

if it doesnt help, maybe erase the houdini13 folder might help. its in the users home folder.

edit: i just saw your screenshot and i dont know what it means tbh, but try reset the houdini13 config folder as mentioned above. you can erase it and houdini should make the files once you start it up and set things back to default.
9 posts
thanks for your response,is there a way u can give me a step by step kinda directions on how to fix this issue? im so new new to houdini and im running Mac osx 10.7
7710 posts
- Quit Houdini
- Open up Finder and go to your home directory
- Navigate to Library/Preferences/houdini
- Rename 13.0 to something else like 13.0_old
- Now try starting Houdini again
9 posts
Edward Thank you for your response .ok ive tried what you said restarted houdini and it didnt help,the only change is the interface color from my previous bright to dark color i have attached another screen capture to help explain the problem.

Attachments:
capture.png (578.8 KB)

• Quick Links