disappearing geo???

2967   11   3
152 posts
feels like I am being a silly noob but every now and then ALL my geo vanishes and i cannot work out where its gone (not deleted, just undisplayed). is there an obvious answer or should i post my scene file?

NB: only seems to happen with this one scene which is my only one with a background image in the camera (seem to think this may have something to do with it)
4189 posts
I think I've seen something similar with BG images and geo disappearing, haven't nailed it down yet.
152 posts
DOOOM.
152 posts
anyone got an idea on this one. its driving me MAD having to restart over and over…..

how can one reset all preferences?

could this help?
258 posts
this happened today to the guy next to me, after we disabled the BG it was ok, it was on a GTX 660ti, maybe its a consumer card issue.
Head of CG @ MPC
CG Supervisor/ Sr. FX TD /
https://gumroad.com/timvfx [gumroad.com]
www.timucinozger.com
152 posts
Yeah,

I have a GTX 680.

Fix ideas anyone?

I am disabling BG but its not ideal.
4189 posts
Do you remember what you were doing before the geo disappeared? The hardest part is recreating the steps, but they have to reproducible to be fixed.

Thanks!
152 posts
Happens a variety of different times. When timeline playing, when moving around view, when scrubbing timeline.
1391 posts
What's happening when you change viewport renderer to others like GL2.2 or GL 1 !?
And what about your OS ?

I had same problem too , But it fixed when I changed renderer to others , Finally this problem completly solved when I install another Houdini build and updating VGA driver :?
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
152 posts
Windows 8.1 and I haven't tried that.
29 posts
Deleting scene view and creating new fresh scene view sometimes fixes, So you don't need to restart houdini session.
Harsh Mistri
Effects TD
Method Studio Vancouver
4189 posts
It would be good to nail this as I think I've seen it on OsX. If it happens again try to note what you were doing before it, i.e changing tabs, setting iprs renders, switching from single to two views etc.

Changing to the GL 1 or 2 is no good as future Houdini version are to use the GL3+ viewport.
  • Quick Links