Muscle Bone Rig

2999   1   1
405 posts
Hey guys,

I was creating a muscle bone deformation rig when I happened onto SESI's bone muscle rig. So in order to keep from having two different Bone Muscle rigs I have been in corperating my bones into SESI's bone system. Mine are all NURBS so you would be able to switch back and forth between NURBS and Poly bones. Eventually muscles too. There would not be any changes in the interface except that their would be a slider or something that would switch back and forth from Nurbs and Polys. Would anyone want this posted in the Houdini Exchange when I am finished with it? The Bones part that is. I will post again when the muscles are done too. By the way SESI great job on that rig. I am guessing Calin Casin worked on that one.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
Staff
2540 posts
Absolutely! Post it to the Exchange.

The only differentiator between us and Alias wrt character rigging is that there are lots of mel scripts out there to help riggers where there are so few with Houdini. The more various approaches to rigging supported with user-created tools out there, the better for us all.

I would love to see any and all improvements. I tend to incorporate all the great ideas in to my own HDA's as I see them.

Yes, Calin Casin did all the development work on the muscles and the skeleton rig.

-jeff
There's at least one school like the old school!
  • Quick Links