Houdini Indie rendering

5456   3   0
133 posts
What are the rendering options for Houdini Indie? If we want to stick to Mantra and no FBX/ABC, is the only way to get more mantra tokens to get up to 3 Indie licenses? What about Houdini Cloud? I work mostly alone and tying up my workstation with rendering is not an option, but also getting another interactive Indie license for another computer that will do only rendering is bugging me a bit (but hey if its an only option, I might do it anyway).
184 posts
From the product landing page:

“Houdini Indie also gives artists render farm access using HQueue on Amazon’s EC2 compute cloud.”
133 posts
AdamT
From the product landing page:

“Houdini Indie also gives artists render farm access using HQueue on Amazon’s EC2 compute cloud.”

Thats cool! Don't know how I missed that :O
48 posts
You get a mantra token with each Engine/Batch license too… so in total, you could license a 6-machine farm, including the workstation you're using, for $900 per year. Seems like a pretty reasonable upper limit for an “indie” setup, considering each of those machines could potentially be 16-core xeons. That's a lot of potential grunt for a 1-man startup, and means licensing costs would be a tiny factor compared to the hardware costs. If you're at the point of utilising more than that plus cloud rendering could provide, I think it seems entirely reasonable to expect you to step up to the full commercial licenses :-)
  • Quick Links