FluidSource node and Noise

1472   1   1
30 posts
Hi,

I added noise in my fluidsource. When I did it the first thing that happened the vis of the field appeared.

So I played with the values but at some point I noticed that changing the values does not make the vis and the sim change. Like my values were stopped beeing evaluated.

So I restarted houdini but this didnt help. So then I made a new flluid source and copied the values. But now in my new fluidsource I cant m make the noise work.

I compared the two nodes and there is a slight differecnce in their properites:

1.)The first (kind-of-working but not responding) has 2 Point Attributes (Cd, P) and 1 Primitive Atrribute (name)
2.)The second (not working) has 1 Point Attribute (P) and 1 Primitive (name)

So I added Point sop (add color, dleted channels). right before the fluidsource. But the Cd is not beeing transfered somhow.

How can my make my noise work again? How can I make houdini “unlock” the unresponding to changes node (fluidsource)

Attachments:
Week2Lesson2.hipnc (740.1 KB)

30 posts
Ok i figured it out. Cd have nothing to do with noise, but velocity. I added curl noise in the Velocity Volumes and is working great. I must have been playing with the noise in Scalar Volumes tab, thats why I didnt see any difference in the field vis
  • Quick Links