rdb flip interaction exported separately

2169   5   0
5 posts
Hello.

I want to export a rdb simulation that interacts with a fluid flip, is a ball floating in liquid, I like to have a simulation of rigid body separate from the simulation of fluid, thus could simulate rdb sparsely Particle export rdb .bgeo and use it as a simulation with more density of particles.

Can someone please tell me how to do this? I'm sure it is very easy but this forgetting something.

I apologize because I think I'm doing something wrong.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments:
test_.hipnc (1.5 MB)

5 posts
Hello.

I can not believe no one knows how to do this, I'm using realflow and in all exported separately. I think I'm doing or forgetting something.
but I think it is necessary for a good workflow.

Thank you !!
4189 posts
Israel Antunez
I can not believe no one knows how to do this

Perhaps people are away from the forum on the weekend…
5 posts
Perhaps people are away from the forum on the weekend…

OH! Thanks for you answer…
5 posts
Hello?
8582 posts
can't look at the file right now, but for separating objects from dopsim you have several options :
1. if you have it already cached in memory or to simfiles
then just use multiple dopimport or DOP I/O nodes to get separate data from dopnet and export each of them to files

2. you can import separate data with multiple dopimports connect each of them to File Sop
merge all file sops
set display flag on merge
and set their mode to Write Files or Automatic (safer as you don't overwrite files)
then let every frame cook (play, send to farm) the File SOP's will write everything that flows through them

3. again, import separate data using dopimports
setup Geometry ROP for each of them
merge Geometry ROPs, and set mode to Frame by Frame, then render Merge ROP or send to Farm
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links