Curious: Beziers for modeling?

3219   2   1
7025 posts
In the sticky “Houdini a great modeler” thread above, a couple of people note that the “Bezier handles” (known as Cubic curves with multiplicity 3 in the XSI docs) aren't available for modeling in Houdini.

My question is: Does the lack of outcry of this feature in Houdini mean people don't use them that often in XSI?

When I model in Houdini, which is the only software I model in, I still miss the Softimage “bezier” curves. Am I the only one? Modo has this, and features it prominently in their training and docs, for example.

http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsidocs/curves_DrawingandManipulatingCurves.htm [softimage.wiki.softimage.com]

Cheers,

Peter B
136 posts
pbowmar
In the sticky “Houdini a great modeler” thread above, a couple of people note that the “Bezier handles” (known as Cubic curves with multiplicity 3 in the XSI docs) aren't available for modeling in Houdini.

My question is: Does the lack of outcry of this feature in Houdini mean people don't use them that often in XSI?

When I model in Houdini, which is the only software I model in, I still miss the Softimage “bezier” curves. Am I the only one? Modo has this, and features it prominently in their training and docs, for example.

http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsidocs/curves_DrawingandManipulatingCurves.htm [softimage.wiki.softimage.com]

Cheers,

Peter B

Hi Peter,
I opened up a thread called “Houdini into production - what features lack”. I added missing NURBS modeling features and a lot of others. Please go there and add your comments and requirements. SESI developers are watching that thread closely so you get a chance of seeing your requests included in future versions. Read the thread and if you find out anything more that you want, please go ahead and add that too. Let's keep it into one thread so we can track what has being solved and what not after 14 release.
Thank you,
C
7025 posts
OK thanks for the info. I've been bothering SESI about nice Bezier-type handles for modeling for approximately 15 years now so I keep hoping
  • Quick Links