Houdini13 Dynamic group Problem

2651   3   1
4 posts
Im trying to make a group of flip particle based on velocity in dop network. some how the group is not forming. I want that the particles should have gravity only when they get the velocity im specifying. The dynamic group i formed is not behaving like the way i want.

Can some please have a look at the file and help me.

Attachments:
rndFile.hip (3.3 MB)

12 posts
Group dop operates on simulation objects not necessarily on any of the sub data attached to it. ( Well ultimately every thing is data anyways, I am afraid if i can explain it )

Think of this : If you have 10 boxes as 10 individual rbdobjects in dops, Group dop will work and return you a group of rbd objects based on given condition.

Now, pick any one of our rbd box which has 8 points as geometry (1 for each corner). Can you make a group of any two of its point using group dop and apply gravity selectively just on those 2 points ?

Something similar here with Flip particles too. They are geometry sub data attached to simulation object namely as “Flipfluidobject”

however you can create n groups in sopsolver and use popforce or popwrangle affecting only chosen ones piped into particle velocity input of flip solver.

HTH,
-GM
8590 posts
in other words use POP Group instead of Group DOP and plug it to your flipsolver
use vexpression like this:
ingroup = length(@v)>1;
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
4 posts
Thank you so much …. Ill try this out and will see right away…
  • Quick Links