why pyro smoke not colliding with static object ?

15963   5   3
3 posts
i'm following cmi smoke tutorial, chimney uniform division already set to 200, why the smoke still penetrates the chimney after i apply a uniform force to the smoke ?

[imgur.com]

Attachments:
chimny_smoke_003.hip (928.6 KB)

606 posts
Two problems.

One - the collision volume is too thin. (measured in voxels)
You can either make the chimney geometry thicker or increase padding in the collision volume generation (AutoDopNetwork/chimney, Collisions->RBD Solver->Volume->Offset Surface)
Another option is to just increase the simulation resolution, that way even the original collision thickness is multiple voxels deep and thus enough.

Two - your emitter is too large.
Even though the emitter polygon geometry fits nicely inside the collision, the volume conversion (especially SDF From Geometry->Out Feather Length) inflates it so that it is no longer all contained inside the collision.
443 posts
What about using vdb?

Attachments:
chimny_smoke_003_115.hip (868.8 KB)

471 posts
hello guys.
i fix your problem see this example file i use gas enforce boundary node to have very strong collision.
it's very good way to create nice collision between your object and pyro sim even in very high speed with very thin object.

Attachments:
chimny_smoke_Fix.hip (945.8 KB)

3 posts
i'll study your file to learn.

i have another question here. i want my pyro explosion to collide with helicopter interior , basically i want fire and smoke coming out from the window. but right now it has a weird shape and goes to -x direction , why is this happening ?

Attachments:
helicopter_002_v01.hip (9.3 MB)

471 posts
i use a cube instead of heli because it's heavy to simulation.
but i create simple cube with hole in side of that like your heli.
see project file.

Attachments:
Interior EX in Cube.hip (1.3 MB)

• Quick Links