Alembic / FBX c4d r14 camera scaling How?

6710   6   2
2624 posts
Hi All ,
I am running into a couple of problems trying to view / scale a Alembic imported c4D camera. Ive read a number of threads on the subject but nothing seems to work.
I take the scene geometry out of an almebic or fbx and scale by 0.01 to a more reasonable size in Houdini. The camera I tried to handle separately.
Creating a filtered Alembic with only the camera.As we all know scaling cameras is very bad ! . Can anyone point to the definitive workflow to get cameras scaled down to match the scaled alembic geometry.

Rob
Gone fishing
443 posts
Scale down (0.01) alembic camera by null > append another null down the chain and make reverse scale (100) > create new Houdini camera and connect to new null.
443 posts
I prefer to import camera as fbx. Then get it's transformation using chops and scale those down by 100 time. Then apply that transformation on new Houdini camera.
2624 posts
So are we saying the C4D Alembic to Houdini is basically no good ? FBX is fine and I dont mind using it . Do you have any example of doing this camera conversion in chops ?

Rob
Gone fishing
99 posts
you can also try:

null scale

imported cam

fetch ('imported cam' with “Use Parent Transform of Fetched Object” on)

blend(scale channels turned off)

camera(everything that's not transform linked to imported camera)
443 posts
Do you have any example of doing this camera conversion in chops ?

Here it is…………

Attachments:
bakeCam_using_CHOPs.hip (133.9 KB)

2624 posts
Thanks

Rob
Gone fishing
  • Quick Links