Delayed Load Procedural shader and fileMerge question

2511   2   1
21 posts
Hello all,

I've got a smoke trail written out as a bgeo sequence, but it was created using clusters through HQUEUE, so AFAIK the files can only be read back in using a fileMerge. The file naming for the fileMerge is scn02_sh06_${CLUSTER}_$F4.bgeo, with the Merge Variable set to “CLUSTER”.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the Delayed Load Procedural to read this sequence in? I've tried a number of variations for the FileName syntax but figure it's not working because the DLP can only read one file at a time.

Thanks for any tips!
Staff
2593 posts
NYU_Animation
Hello all,

I've got a smoke trail written out as a bgeo sequence, but it was created using clusters through HQUEUE, so AFAIK the files can only be read back in using a fileMerge. The file naming for the fileMerge is scn02_sh06_${CLUSTER}_$F4.bgeo, with the Merge Variable set to “CLUSTER”.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the Delayed Load Procedural to read this sequence in? I've tried a number of variations for the FileName syntax but figure it's not working because the DLP can only read one file at a time.

Thanks for any tips!

The file merge is an OTL. If you dive into the network, you can change the file1 SOP (in the foreach) to load packed primitives instead of full geometry.
21 posts
Thanks for the quick reply, Mark, but I'm new to packed primitives and so am not clear on how your suggestion solves my problem. If the files are saved as a sequence of bgeo files with naming like I indicated, I would still need to get them into the application, and so far it seems the only way to do that is thru the fileMerge, which can handle files named "scn02_sh06_${CLUSTER}_$F4.bgeo .

Apologies if I'm missing something - am reading up on packed prims now so maybe I'll understand your suggestion better in a day or two.
  • Quick Links