question about asking questions

1974   2   0
149 posts
Hello, so I just bought a license for Houdini indie and engine, I'm excited to learn the software. My goal is to create personal animations and also create game assets for unreal engine 4.

So I have already started a list of general usage questions, I've tried searching but either I suck at the forum search because every time I look for something I'm either too specific that I get no results or too generic and I get every result ever.

Anyway I don't necessarily want to create a new thread for every little question, but if need to what forum should I ask in? There's here, the lounge, and then there's technical discussion which has by far the most activity, Houdini indie and apprentice, and finally learning Houdini. It's a little confusing. Please advice.

Thanks and look forward to becoming wise in the ways of Houdini.
606 posts
For searching - google can be better than the forum internal search. Google “yourownsearchkeyword site:odforce.net” or site:sidefx.com to only get hits from those sites. Handy.

About the forum areas, yes it's a bit confusing and overlapping, but I don't think it matters that much where you put it. If it's clearly a beginner question then put it in indie & apprentice, if it's more involved then in technical. <shrug>
149 posts
Thanks eetu
  • Quick Links