batch/command line remesh

1894   2   0
13 posts
Hello,

I would like to invoke Houdini through another program and submit a series of dense meshes (exported to disk) that then needs to be “remeshed” and saved back to disk.

Ideally I would like it to be as automatic as possible and the loading of houdini should also be as light and fast as possible (no UI needed).

What are my options? ( python hou? , running houdini command line (not sure about my options in sharing instructions?), keeping houdini running on background and waiting for instructions(how)? ). Again, key here is hasty execution without overly time consuming load up.

Thank you
7735 posts
Without knowing the capabilities of your host app, it's hard to say. If you have a host app that has a ready python interpreter, then it's probably best to just import the hou module. Otherwise, there's remote control: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini13.0/hom/rpc [sidefx.com]
Edited by - Jan. 11, 2015 23:16:29
13 posts
The parent application is Blender and it has Python 3+. Importing 2.7* hou module is incompatible. Is there anything I can reasonably do(work around) to still have the module imported as it could open a lot of possibilities

Thank you
  • Quick Links