How to implement Operation Controls Toolbar in shelf tool

2077   5   1
183 posts
So I am building a custom shelf tool and would really like to have some controls pop up in the little tool bar at the top of the scene view much like the ‘bones from curve’ tool does, but after a lot of searching I haven't found anything about how to do this. Anyone know how to or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
183 posts
I have been looking around for details on how to do this and still nothing. Anyone?
7722 posts
For HDAs, you can only control which parameters show up in there. Edit the parameter in the Operator Type Properties window: Show Parm In = … + Toolbox.
183 posts
Thanks for the reply edward. So I have seen that you can put HDA parameters onto the toolbox, unfortunately my tool just runs some code to make bones from multiple curves, so it doesn't have a physical HDA I can attach parameters to.

However Houdini's built in ‘bones from curve’ tool seems to do just fine without an HDA node and somehow keeps the tool active until you change from the tool cursor. I tried hunting down the tool's code and so far haven't found anything useful.
7722 posts
The Bones from Curve tool (amongst others) are written in C++, so it has more abilities than if you were just doing a python shelf tool.
183 posts
Interesting. Is there any documentation on how to build shelf tools in HDK?
  • Quick Links