HDK - Parameter layout

3026   6   1
183 posts
So I have been trying to figure out how to set up parameters in HDK and have run across a few things that I haven't been able to figure out how to do:

1. How to horizontally join a parameter to the next.
2. How hide or disable a parameter when another parameter is altered.
3. How to hide ramp ui controls.
4. How to display switchers as radio buttons, drop downs, etc.
5. How to hide a parameter's label.
678 posts
Believe it or not, most (if not all) of what you ask is answered here =>
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/hdk14.0/_h_d_k__op_basics__overview__parameters.html [sidefx.com]
Edited by - Feb. 15, 2015 07:02:25
183 posts
Thanks for pointing me to that page again Mantragora. I guess I just needed to know I was looking in the right place for things to start clicking for me. You where right, the page addressed all my questions except for how to display the switchers as collapsible. I've been going through the PRM_Type documentation, hoping to find the answer there, but so far no luck.
678 posts
90ender
… except for how to display the switchers as collapsible…

o_O

When they added it? Is it something that was there from H14 start, or it was added like this week?

I made my own Collapsible in H13, now I have to update it

Anyway, it would be cool if they could add possibility to detect if Switcher is collapsed or not. Maybe RFE?

Lets wait and see what devs lurking here will say.
7722 posts
New to H14 (from the beginning). Try passing PRM_SpareData::groupTypeCollapsible to your PRM_Template.

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/hdk14.0/_p_r_m___spare_data_8h_source.html [sidefx.com]
183 posts
Thanks for the tips guys. Everything is working perfectly now. One last question. I noticed that when I open the parameter editor, none of my parameters appear except the main folder that contains them all. Is this normal?
7722 posts
I'm not sure what you mean. Try comparing with other native nodes like the Box SOP or something.
  • Quick Links