Hi everybody, Just to present me.

2236   4   2
18 posts
Hi everybody, i'm not sure if i allowed to create a topic to present me, and if i'm in the good place to do that, so sorry if i'm wrong.

Just to present me: I'm french student and i got the “Non Comercial” version of Houdini (Thx to Sidefx to create this kind of version for the students and for learning this software).
I've started to learn Houdini with tutorials and I completely fell in love of Houdini ^^ There is so much possibility and the nodal's power is just incredible ! It's a real pleasure to play with this Software.

I want to learn more and more about this software, so i thinks i will use and look into this forum a lot

So see you later on the forum and thanks again to sidefx to created a “Non Comercial” version which is complete.

PS: Sorry if my english is not perfect
Want to learn more and more…
1799 posts
Welcome Marles and good luck on your journey! I wish I have had Houdini when I was a student What school are you attending? Do they teach Houdini there or are you doing it on your own?
-G
18 posts
Hi GrayOlorin, I'm a student in a public school in the Audiovisual, specialized in the “montage and post production”, is not specialized in the vfx so i'm learning by myself ( i spend a lot of my free time on my computer, switching between tutorials and the software for personal project). But after my diploma i would like to start in a school specialized in the VFX.

About that, do you know if it's an obligation to doing a specialized school to enter in the professional world or you can find a job, even if you didn't attend to a VFX specialized school ? I mean, can you succeed in your career if you learnt by an autodidact way ?

Thx for your reply :wink:
1799 posts
I think ultimately most studios will look into what your portfolio looks like that said though, most tutorials will only teach you how to use the tool but not necessarily the core visual skills to make a compelling asset, or the technical skills to make a well designed system. Depending on what your focus is (fx, content creation, rigging, etc) take the time to research what good looks like.

looking forward to see your work man
-G
18 posts
Thx for your answer, now i will work a lot and really hard to develop my skills and the softwares's mastering. I would like to go further in the fx, but i also need to have more general knowledge before, so I will try to develop my general knowledge while I learn the fx's technic. And I really want to go deeper with houdini which looks perfect for the fx.

thx again, see you :wink:
  • Quick Links