add refect map in mantra surface via vex

1795   2   1
12 posts
Hello,

I'm trying to create a procedural mantra shader for a pitcher. So, I'm trying to learn vex. I'm new to all this so excuse me if I use terms improperly.

Inside the Mantra Surface Node (vex level?), I've multiplied two noise patterns with the diffuse color to create the image at this link. (sorry tried to insert the image but that didn't seem to work)

My problem is I need to make the blue area specular (shinny). So, I think I need to somehow create a mask of the diffuse output, invert it then and feed it into a reflect map, but I have no idea how to do that. Any guidance or other idea on how to accomplish making the blue part shinny is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.
J
45 posts
JSCGMHoudini
Hello,

My problem is I need to make the blue area specular (shinny). So, I think I need to somehow create a mask of the diffuse output, invert it then and feed it into a reflect map, but I have no idea how to do that. Any guidance or other idea on how to accomplish making the blue part shinny is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.
J

Maybe this is what you are looking for.

Attachments:
specular_only_a_color.hip (195.9 KB)

12 posts
Hi,Thank you for this. I'll play with it. I think I get the idea. I like the color mix node as well. That will help me a lot.
Thanks again.
  • Quick Links