Controlling Houdini Engine Asset outputs

4009   4   1
10 posts
Hiya,

I have an Asset which takes a Maya curve as an input and then extrudes this to create a surface. I would expect to see just the resulting mesh in the Asset output, but it also seems to create a group containing two curves as well.

Is there any way to disable the curve output?

Cheers!
818 posts
The two curves are created because the extrude SOP outputs them. The plug-in outputs everything the asset outputs. However, you can simply use Houdini's nodes to delete the curves. In the extrude SOP case, you'd probably want to use the delete SOP, and set the Geometry Type to Bezier Curve.
Andrew / アンドリュー
10 posts
Ah I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm converting the curve to a polygon before extruding it. When I do this, I still get the two edge curves output through HE in Maya, but they are not there in Houdini.

My Asset is this-

Inside a Geo Node:
Object Merge Input1 Curve
Convert (default settings)
Extrude (default settings, other than changing depthscale)
Null (OUT)

When I create a curve in Maya, load my HE Asset and plug in the curve i would expect to get just one poly mesh. However it seems to also output an extra group with the two edge curves in it as well.

If I then go to Debugging->View Assets In Houdini, navigate to my OUT null and middle-mouse on it, I can't see any signs of extra nurbs curves in the houdini session. So i guess I'm just trying to figure out why its outputting the extra curves when they aren't there in the houdini session.

Thanks for your suggestion though! As I have setup a work around which converts my poly lines back into nurbs curves, extrudes those, deletes the bezier lines and converts the nurbs surface to poly. A few more nodes, but it seems to work!

Cheers,

Daniel
818 posts
Ah, since you converted them into polygon, those curves probably show up in the “polygon” count. You can actually remove those two curves by setting the “Front Face” and “Back Face” to “No Output”.
Andrew / アンドリュー
818 posts
Have you also tried the sweep SOP? That might be more suited to what you're doing.
Andrew / アンドリュー
  • Quick Links