Input not working same as tutorial

2095   2   1
2042 posts
Hello,

Going through the Workspace tutorial there is a part in which the offset is put at a value of 0 and at another frame of the animation it is set for 0.5. Working around manually I managed to get it working but not how it was done in the tutorial.

In the tutorial it seems like the offset box is highlighted and in the video it is briefly flash showing “ALT” and picture of left mouse button.

The offset has 3 text input boxes beside it and in the video after showing alt and mouse it appears the mouse cursor is being dragged to change the values of all 3 text edit boxes at the same time.

I'm just trying to get the same functionality, maybe its because I need to change some preference setting?

Using alt and left mouse button doesn't do anything for me.

Thanks to anyone who could help.
11 posts
It sounds like you're talking about Houdini's value ladder which lets you interactively change numeric values with mouse movements.

Using your example, to change the values of all 3 text input boxes for the Offset parameter, move the mouse cursor over the Offset label to highlight it. Then hold down the middle mouse button and drag left or right to change the values. I don't know why alt+left button, which is the shortcut for “set keyframe,” was displayed in the video, but no preferences settings need to be changed to use this UI function.

For more details on the value ladder, you can read about it in the Houdini help
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini14.0/basics/ladder [sidefx.com]
2042 posts
This works…
Thank you very much.
  • Quick Links