Renderfarm again

3323   7   2
41 posts
Hey, what i the current state of Rendfarms for Houdini Indie v15?

The other topics are month and years old. 20-30 Amazon EC2-machines is to expensive! So are there currently any Farms like Rebus Renderfarm Service for Houdini that work?

It's the most issue for freelancer with Houdini that complex Simulation, renders not work on a single CAD PC.

In Maya, Blender, Modo, Lightwave, etc. you do your work and submit it to a farm with 300 Machines for ~2 Cent / Ghz and it done in 30 Minutes and you get the result per FTP.
918 posts
Have a look at GridMarkets [gridmarkets.com]

Cheers,
Andy
41 posts
Okay, thanks - public Beta - at least one service
143 posts
This is awesome and a great idea.
143 posts
NOTE:

“Note that GridMarkets does not offer its service to end-consumers at low volumes. We depend upon our channel partners for this”
20 posts
@caesar hernandez
Where do you see that, i can't find it?

Does anyone know if GridMarkets have limitations with Houdini, fex Indie License.(3rd party plugins issue)
208 posts
Just ran 50 frames though GM, a fairly beefy volume driven by particles into a VDB density then into a pyro solve. GM took 3 hours to render for $25.61 in credits. GM support has been very responsive and set-up is a breeze (helps if you've used Hqueue with Amazon, etc but it is easy either way).
I'll render out the next 50 overnight on my local machine and try a rough comparison.
918 posts
Hi Kevin,

IIRC, GridMarkets have a limit on the number of machines running concurrently on a job during their beta. It used to be 10 machines, this might have changed though. Just some info to take into account for your comparison.

Andy
  • Quick Links