deleting overlapping polys

4120   5   1
201 posts
Does anyone have a trick to delete shared surface polys? Got a data set that has 3 copies on top of each other :roll: (making for a total of nearly 300+K polys). Unfortunately, the polys are in random order so I can't use the delete SOP with range option.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Rob
Cheers,
Rob
Digital Supervisor | Stargate Studios Toronto
7732 posts
Try appending a Connectivity SOP (H7.0+) and then delete all points/primitives which have their attribute “class” a non-zero value.
201 posts
edward
Try appending a Connectivity SOP (H7.0+) and then delete all points/primitives which have their attribute “class” a non-zero value.

Thanks Edward but this doesn't work. My test case is creating 3 identical box SOPs & merging them into one SOP. Now, I want to eliminate those polys that rest exactly on top of other polys. Basically take the 18 polys and end up with 6.

Cheers,
Rob
Cheers,
Rob
7732 posts
That's what I did. Works fine for me. H7.0.231. Here's the expression I used in the Delete SOP after the Connectivity:
point(opinputpath(“.”,0),$PT,“class”,0)!=0
201 posts
edward
That's what I did. Works fine for me. H7.0.231. Here's the expression I used in the Delete SOP after the Connectivity:
point(opinputpath(“.”,0),$PT,“class”,0)!=0

Thanks Edward. This works … with the box example. However, when I apply to my large data set I only get one small bit. I'll play with it for a bit. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Rob
Cheers,
Rob
7732 posts
No problem. That suggests that your geometry is in more than just 3 pieces. You can just look in the geometry spreadsheet or create groups out of the values of “class” (Partition SOP).
  • Quick Links