point animation

1659   1   0
90 posts
okay, so this is weird. I am trying to animate a cloud. What I've done is use the point from volume node and am running a attribvop. I used the position and am adding noise onto it with a time offset. Seems to work great. I can pull sliders for frequency etc and it gives nice changes to the overall points…Until I either add expressions to drive the values or keyframe the values.

In other words I can drag sliders around and can get the looks I want, but can't animate this. All of the noise no matter the frequency being adjusted ends up being like a noise going over the general shape, where as I would like to affect the overall shape as well.

Last thing, as a workaround I tried to add a blendshape to animate between two different attribvops I made to get different shapes. The blendshape once again will animate nicely as I drag the slider, but when I keyframe it for an animation it stops working. I don't get it. Am I missing something?
90 posts
Fixed the workaround I believe. I was outputting later frames in the sequence and it appears the particles hadn't cached so to speak. So the vdb node was looking at earlier point data. Need to make sure the points are cached.
  • Quick Links