Render error

4192   5   1
523 posts
Hello,

sometimes when I render a scene with Mantra , I get a “hserver error”.
What does this hserver error mean?

What is the difference between mplay output picture(md) and interactive mplay window (ip)?

Thx,

bernard
2199 posts
Not sure about the hserver error, I think there are the odd issues with the license server for apprentice.

But the difference between md and ip is this.

An ip window is an interactive mantra render - meaning you can click anywhere in the mplay window and the render will switch focus to where you clicked and start rendering that bit instead.

An md window is a straight forward render window that just renders bottom to top similar to when you render to disk.

Generally just i use ip all the time for test rendering. I don't know if there is a good reason to use an md window I expect someone has one but I just use ip all the time.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
523 posts
Thanks Simon.
523 posts
Hello,

when I click in the renderview(mplay window) with ip nothing happens.My render don't switch focus…

When I render in ROP with ip, I get the green text “mantra1”.
When I render in ROP with md, I get the green text “stdin”. What is “stdin”?
2199 posts
They should. Not sure why they wouldn't, it always works for me. What version are you using, and what platform?
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
523 posts
Hello Simon,

It works! My mistake…The render must be in progress, and then you can click in the window to focus. I was clicking when the render was done.

Thx,

bernard
  • Quick Links