Dusty helicopter landing

4632   5   1
53 posts
Hello all,

Been learning how to use Houdini for most of this year, I don't really get any opportunity to use it on a daily basis as I work mainly in Arch Viz currently so it's been a slow and steady evening/weekend schedule of learning and tinkering.

This is my first finished project that hasn't been following a tutorial, there's so many gaps that you learn to fill when working on something of your own rather than a tutorial so it was quite the learning curve but hugely fun at the same time.

Thanks for reading/watching!

Https://vimeo.com/142963722
www.carlocarfora.co.uk [www.carlocarfora.co.uk]
Staff
2540 posts
Nicely done with the FX work.

I like the movement of the dust, debris and the vegetation around the landing spot.
There's at least one school like the old school!
53 posts
Thanks for the kind words Jeff, finding Houdini to be such a refreshing change from 3ds Max which I use daily at work!
69 posts
Here is my heli dust made in houdini. The heli is a 3D model. I love yours ..well done

Attachments:
trim.F57C50A4-D882-401D-8069-B6BA45B9FDF7.MOV (489.9 KB)

53 posts
I like the integration of the dust, you could make it move faster I think and give it some radial velocity emitting outwards so it doesn't rise straight up as much but spreads out!
69 posts
Hey Carlo are you talking about the original poster's heli dust or mine? If it's mine yes I definitely see what you're saying ..it should move a little faster and it could use a little velocity moving outwards I'll work that. Thanks glad you like the integration ..I'm more of a compositor than a VFX artist I'm still learning Houdini.
  • Quick Links