flipbook first 100 frames incorrect

5127   6   2
96 posts
Hi,

I am creating flipbooks to preview my animation. When I render them out, the first 100 or so frames are incorrect. I see the animation playback fine in the viewport, but the flipbook shows a number of frames, say 1 to 10, then repeats 1 to 10 again several times until we hit 101 or so.

Any idea why flipbooks would render incorrectly like that? This is happening in multiple scene files.

Thanks,

Adnan
31 posts
I'm having a similar issue with flipbooks where it's almost impossible for them to render correctly. I don't believe this was an issue prior to H15.

Almost every flipbook I render is either incorrect in frame count, or contains multiples (sometimes the entire sequence) of a still frame, or has misplaced frames, or pops in weird ways.
Facebook [facebook.com] | Twitter [twitter.com] | Google+ [plus.google.com]
12 posts
I have the same problem, although I'm not able to flipbook anything. Nor am I able to export via file node or rop output driver Is there a limit in houdini apprentice that prevents any export of any kind?
Thanks.
9 posts
Same here. The first group of frames is scrambled, and frames from later on in the animation get placed early in the sequence before it sorts itself out and starts running smoothly.

This happens every time I export a flipbook, but the jumble is not the same every time, for what it's worth. Here's a video of it happening:

4189 posts
Maybe it's a windows thing - no issues on OsX
8539 posts
This was fixed a while ago, which build are you using?

Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Houdini 15.0.410
: Fixed a bug that could cause mplay to incorrectly re-order frames and insert duplicate frames when rendering a flipbook sequence in some situations.
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
9 posts
15.0.347. Looks like I need to update

Hopefully this will fix a few other issues, too..
  • Quick Links