Alembic with Zooming Camera

2904   1   1
22 posts
(reposting from odforce, just in case this gets seen first)

Hey there, I've recently run into an issue on two shots where the standard Alembic Archive doesn't seem to import an animated focal length on any camera objects. It's never come up before since zooming is pretty rare.

I thought it was an issue with the file coming from Soft, since aperture and pixel aspect ratio aren't interpreted correctly but that's an easy fix. But I've loaded the Alembic into Maya and I get a camera with zoom during the shot intact, where Houdini just has a fixed focal and no animation. I exported the camera from Maya to a separate Alembic and this too reads into Houdini with a fixed focal length.

Before I put the bug report in and try to figure a workaround I wanted to see if anyone else had run into this issue. There aren't many parameters to the Alembic Archive so I feel safe assuming this is a bug and not simply operator error.

cheers
22 posts
Looks like it's a problem with these files and H15.0.313 as H14.0.474 loads them just fine, with expressions intact in the camera node. This is what was being broken. Time to version up.
  • Quick Links