hython.exe set HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH then hou.hipFile.load()

3216   3   1
20 posts
Now I don't set the houdini.env file, and use the hython.exe set HOUDINI_DSO_PATH,then hou.hipFile.load('VLuminusVFXTest/andy/bat_realflow/prt.hip').
In prt.hip there is the Digital Assets which I created.
It not work.

import os
var = ‘HOUDINI_DSO_PATH’
value = ‘@/dso;VLuminusVFXTest/andy/PRTRop_15.0.244.16/dso’
os.environ=value
hou.allowEnvironmentToOverwriteVariable(var, True)
hscript_command = “set -g %s = ‘%s’” % (var, value)
hou.hscript(str(hscript_command))
hou.hipFile.load('VLuminusVFXTest/andy/bat_realflow/prt.hip')

anyone help,thx

818 posts
The HOUDINI_DSO_PATH is read only once at startup. So changing it won't cause Houdini to pickup new DSOs. If you really want to, you could use hou.NodeTypeCategory.loadDSO() [sidefx.com] to explicitly load some DSOs. Though it's probably still best to set the environment variable before startup.
Andrew / アンドリュー
20 posts
awong
The HOUDINI_DSO_PATH is read only once at startup. So changing it won't cause Houdini to pickup new DSOs. If you really want to, you could use hou.NodeTypeCategory.loadDSO() [sidefx.com] to explicitly load some DSOs. Though it's probably still best to set the environment variable before startup.

thank you, I have a problem when I submit Houdini job to the qube render farm with hython render, now my scene file has used some digital assets by myself which I put them on the company server.I know I can set the Houdini.env for all farm computers to solve this problem, but I think it is not good for manage. any better way to do this?
818 posts
If the HDA assets are shared by the entire company, it's best to setup HOUDINI_PATH or HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH for all the renderfarm machines.

If the HDA is only used by your scene, you could also place the HDA file in the same directory, or a child directory, of your scene file. And Houdini will use relative paths to find the HDA file. For example:
/project/shot/scene.hip
/project/shot/asset1.hda
/project/shot/assets/asset2.hda
This requires no environment variable setup.
Andrew / アンドリュー
  • Quick Links