Selecting verts, grabs them all -front to back of entire obj

1403   2   0
45 posts
Hi there,

I went through a few tuts, but I can't see a way to turn off whatever feature in Houdini, is causing all selected verts to be deleted, instead of only what is in front of camera , why is this default ?

A few questions, how do I center camera to rotate around selected face , vert etc , and how do I restrict selection of verts faces or edges just to what is in front of camera ?

thx
lee
181 posts
Try right-clicking on the Geometry Mode Selection tool item and the Select tool item to see your current selection settings. Inadvertent key presses can toggle unanticipated selection modes.

Geometry Mode Selection:

Select:

Press spacebar-z to set the viewport's pivot point around your cursor's location. There might be an equivalent shortcut to pivot around the current selection, too. Not sure if that depends or your viewport tumbling method.

45 posts
Excellent thanks!

Area select btw, seems to be the only one working right, the one you highlighted still selects areas not in front of camera.

PS-Nevermind , your second image without looking close enough, made it look like you were choosing ‘top’ icon, where actually looking closely its the ‘4th’ one down

Cheers
lee
  • Quick Links