What doesn't work?

2533   4   2
221 posts
This might be a poor question, but is there a list of known things that DON'T work when importing hda's into Maya 2015? I'm mostly interested in geometry types that don't work. I am getting a message that only most of my polys are being created and that means that there is something that Maya doesn't handle.

I might be able to convert it on the Houdini side before bringing it in, but I don't know what to look for.

Houdini 14.0.474, Maya 2015
818 posts
The Inputs and outputs of the houdiniAsset node [sidefx.com] post has a list of supported geometry type.

But it sounds like the issue that you're seeing is likely due to polygons with repeated points, which are not supported in Maya. I made an asset that can clean up these polygons. Take a look at the attached asset.

Attachments:
maya_unsupported_prims.hda (7.0 KB)

Andrew / アンドリュー
221 posts
Thanks! I'll try it out and see if this helps.
221 posts
It seems that this asset will triangulate all my polys that have been built with a hole SOP.

If you have a square with a circle inside it and use a Hole SOP, will the resulting polygon be unsupported in Maya?

Attached is an example.

Attachments:
maya_unsupported_v01.hip (60.3 KB)

818 posts
Hole geometry is a good example of “polygons with repeated points”. Unfortunately, Maya doesn't support holes the same way Houdini represents them, so they need to be converted.
Andrew / アンドリュー
  • Quick Links