Houdini Particle Crash

1707   3   0
2 posts
Hi everyone,

Just installed Houdini 15.0.421 on Windows 7 SP1 (Apprentice license) and everything seems to work except when I try to create particles it crashes every time.

For example - I'll Create a grid > Choose “Source Particle Emitter” and I get: Fatal Error (8676: Fatal error: Illegal instruction) Houdini then is forced to close.

This happens with the creation of any particle based system it seems. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is this the right forum for this problem? I've searched the web for a solution with no luck and any help would be appreciated. I would love to learn some Houdini!

Thanks,
Mark
2537 posts
Does your system meet the minimum requirements for running Houdini?
Mainly you need a 2GB graphics card, preferably nVidia.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
471 posts
Hello dude.
Have you this problem in SOP level with POP network-old and POP network too?
Please try last daily builds if the problem still exist contact with the support team.
Thanks.
2 posts
Hey Guys, thanks for the response.

Yes, I've checked and my computer meets all the minimum requirements, I'm a heavy Maya/Nuke user which all run great. I've tried a few different daily builds now and they all seem to have the same result.

I don't know enough about Houdini to answer your POP/SOP question, so sorry about that! All I know is anything using particles causes the problem every time.

Anyways, I'll contact support and see what they have to say. If anyone has any ideas, do let me know!

Thanks for your help.
  • Quick Links