HDK problem - error running hcustom on example file on OS X

2330   1   1
9 posts
Hi, I'm having a go at working with the HDK, but I can't get the geoisosurface.C file to compile properly as explained in the introduction documentation.

When I run hcustom -s geoisosurface.C

The geoisosurface.o file seems to be generated correctly, but then I get the error

ld: file not found: @rpath/libHoudiniAPPS3.dylib for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Link failed

The clang command that's being run (found via running hcustom with -se flags) is

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ geoisosurface.o -o ./geoisosurface -Wl,-rpath,/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/15.0.416/Libraries -L/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/15.0.416/Libraries /Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/15.0.416/Houdini -arch x86_64 -fobjc-gc -framework OpenGL -framework Cocoa

I've checked and the file libHoudiniAPPS3.dylib does exist in /Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/15.0.416/Libraries.

I'm running El Capitan 10.11.4 and have the latest version of Xcode (v7.3), and have a clean install of Houdini v15.0.416.

Sadly I've now reached my limit of debugging skills, so is there anyone who knows what's up here? Have I just not set something up correctly, or should I submit a bug to SESI?
11 posts
did you figure out

I have same problem.

I just updated Xcode to 7.3.1 it fixed all my problems
  • Quick Links