running on 2nd machine (laptop)

1545   2   0
5 posts
Sorry if this has been asked. I'm learning using Apprentice but I'd like to get rid of the watermark. If I upgrade to Indie can I run on a second machine (my laptop) when I'm not on my workstation ie using one machine at a time ? - or would I have to purchase 2 copies of Indie to do that ? would be nice to be able work on a file while traveling or in a café etc.
177 posts
The way it currently works is that you would need to purchase a second copy of Indie.

It's cheap enough for that.

That's what I'm going to do. I end up being on the road a bit on my laptop, so spending an extra $200 for a second copy of Indie is worth it to me.
Reel Inpsirations
Houdini Work in Progress [vimeo.com]
5 posts
reelinspirations
The way it currently works is that you would need to purchase a second copy of Indie.

It's cheap enough for that.

That's what I'm going to do. I end up being on the road a bit on my laptop, so spending an extra $200 for a second copy of Indie is worth it to me.

As an aside, any experience running Houdini on a laptop ? I have a Razer Blade on order. I believe it has a TGTX 970M, so I'm wondering if it's going is fast enough for smaller projects (with 16GB ram ? That being said, there isn't much choice unless I want to buy a heavy machine to carry around :-)
  • Quick Links