Saving multiple images from the renderview

7209   10   2
22 posts
Hello, sometimes when adjusting materials, lights etc. I end up with a lot of images in the render history toolbar…
It is indeed a very tedious task to save the images one by one, maya has this functionality, something like save all images. Once i remember trying to find a command to do so, but i failed. Wondering if someone has come up with a solution, or any ideas on how to implement it.
thanks in advance.
1743 posts
I don't know whether there's currently a way to do it, but boy, there are a lot of little things like this that are missing from Render View, and I've seen surprisingly few RFEs for them, so feel free to RFE anything you'd like to see. Some things that seem glaringly absent to me:

* Rendering a frame range (sequentially or concurrently)
* Reordering frames
* Changing the labels on already-labelled frames
* Loading frames from a file or a sequence of files
* Saving out a sequence (probably the easiest way to do what you described)
* Playing back a sequence
* Split-screen (and managing separate sequences for each view)
* Rendering to a file while rendering to Render View (This has been informally requested by many people, and probably RFE'd by a couple.)
* Checkpointing for renders to Render View (This has been RFE'd.)
* Some way of annotating renders, beyond just the label, so that you can note what a particular render was, e.g. what settings were tried. Hopefully it'd be saved in the Comment field in the images.
* Pixel filtering in preview renders

Anything else anyone can think of?
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
22 posts
It will be great if as you said the render settings, material and light settings could be saved to a separate file, maybe scoping only some lights and materials.
832 posts
That's a really great list. Your list has inspires me:
- auto centre different resolutions
- ability to ‘tear off’ render view into an Mplay window

..please can the whole of your list be RFE'd?
636 posts
sounds more like NLE functionality :-)
636 posts
hey it just came in my minde instead of mplayer you could make a modified touchdesigner that has reduced function. so you support good old connections. :-)

btw. i don't know how good the code of touchdesigner is platform independent?
387 posts
My biggest wish for “Render View” is ability to fetch live IPR into compositor (COPS).

Currently Render COP is offline and any tweak in COPs has to wait for full render to finish.

Imagine you could color tweak/composite/split-screen compare/etc… your IPR renders directly and instantly while they being rendered and tweak lighting and materials in same time seeing the result of compositing tweaks immediately.

RFE ID=61725
1743 posts
pezetko
My biggest wish for “Render View” is ability to fetch live IPR into compositor (COPS).

RFE ID=61725
I pinged the RFE and assigned it to myself, 'cause it sounds cool. The full thing might be rather complicated, but I could definitely see parts of it being much simpler than the full thing, e.g. sending the currently rendering image in Render View through a specified COP network before displaying it, (at the expense of not being able to display updates quite as frequently), and optionally automatically saving partial results out to disk periodically so that they can be loaded as regular files.
22 posts
thanks yasminpriya, something like that, but for houdini is what i am asking for… if anyone knows how to access the save image command and the image buffer number i will try to make it…
1 posts
Fetching live IPR into compositor is a much needed addition for RenderView
Iaso Source [iasosource.com] | Emblem Zone [emblemzone.com]

1743 posts
Sorry about the spammers! They were copying real posts about Maya's render view from other forums, which is why they seemed plausible but out-of-place, and then adding spam links. Apparently, people have asked how to save multiple images from Maya's render view as well, haha.
  • Quick Links