Applying pyrofx only or part of object

1331   4   1
90 posts
Hello,

I have an animated object that I want to apply pyrofx only to part of it and follow it as it deforms. I tried searching around but no luck.
2624 posts
Hi See attached,

Pyro emitted from a moving object thats deforming. Remember to emit from geometry the , you need the surface to be enclosed, so just chop up your model and cap it

Rob

Attachments:
pyro_deform_moving.hip (791.5 KB)

Gone fishing
90 posts
circusmonkey
Hi See attached,

Pyro emitted from a moving object thats deforming. Remember to emit from geometry the , you need the surface to be enclosed, so just chop up your model and cap it

Rob

Hi Rob,

I've got the pyro sim working on the entire obj. My object is a character that's modeled and animated in 3Ds Max, I've imported the model as alembic archive. How can I chop up my model ? Is there a way I can select polygons and detach them like in 3ds max?

Thank you for the help.
Edited by uuLLFA - May 23, 2016 21:27:41
2624 posts
Hi , you need to read in the alembic and unpack it as your just reading in prim data, then convert to polys. Personally I would just blast away polys that I dont need then cap or do some vdb modeling.

Rob

Gone fishing
90 posts
circusmonkey
Hi , you need to read in the alembic and unpack it as your just reading in prim data, then convert to polys. Personally I would just blast away polys that I dont need then cap or do some vdb modeling.

Rob

Thanks again Rob! I got it to work!
  • Quick Links