quadro m4000 display card driver problem.

5210   3   0
12 posts

Hi,guys,

Does anybody use quadro m4000? I just bought a new machine with this display card,but there is some problem with pyro fluid display.

Houdini does not crash,but the display is no correct ,the color ,the shadow,you know,I believe it's about the driver.

I am working on windows 10 64bit,and I tried a lot of different version of drivers downloaded from nvidia,but none of them works.

Anybody use m4000 and has gotten the good luck?

Thanks.

Peng.
Staff
5158 posts
Do you have a screenshot, and what's the driver version?
258 posts
I have this card as well and have to admit, I have more than a few viewport problems. Houdini's viewport has always kinda been a little underwhelming, and I always kinda chalk it up to that. I have only had this card for about a month, but did a full driver re-install the other day. I am not sure yet if has helped really.

I always feel like there is some opengl setting that I am missing somewhere in Houdini
Edited by sl0throp - June 13, 2016 10:53:23
12 posts
http://forums.odforce.net/topic/26288-quadro-m4000-driver-problem/ [forums.odforce.net] maybe this help a little if you are having the same problem with me.
And,I have two machines and one monitor actually,I use a switcher to switch between them,for my old machine (quadro k2000),to make sure the switcher works,I must update to new driver which cause problem to Houdini,but with old driver where Houdini is ok,the switcher does not work well. Houdini crash every time I switch.So,problem is also about Houdini.

sl0throp
I have this card as well and have to admit, I have more than a few viewport problems. Houdini's viewport has always kinda been a little underwhelming, and I always kinda chalk it up to that. I have only had this card for about a month, but did a full driver re-install the other day. I am not sure yet if has helped really.

I always feel like there is some opengl setting that I am missing somewhere in Houdini
  • Quick Links