Script editor block select bug

1957   3   0
140 posts
One of the most irritating experiences in the Asset workflow is the fact that the script editor in Type Properties/Scripts will seem to randomly scroll to somewhere else and select everything from where you want to be to where it put you. So not only do you wind up way off the fairway, you get a blinding flash of yellow light in your eyes for your trouble.

This is H15.5 on Windows 10, so it may not show up other OSs, especially Linux where window focus is actually done properly.

It might have to do with some instances of scrolling the script edit window without actually clicking in the window first. if you scroll around, then click in the window where you stopped, it will appear to scroll back to where your last selection was, then highlight from where your new selection is to that point. So something in there is not keeping track of text editor scroll position when focus is changing around.

4515 posts
I submitted this issue as support ID #9162 4 years ago, but unfortunately support couldn't repro it.

I hope SESI fixes this.

Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
140 posts
I'm not surprised, it's intermittent, which is always a bitch to track down. I don't know the exact conditions that make it happen on my end either.
4515 posts
It's not intermittent for me. All I have to do is these steps:

1. Create an instance of an HDA that has a code/text file in its Extra Files, preferably as the first file.
2. Open Types Properties for this HDA and go to Extra Files tab. You should now see the text file contents on the right side of this dialog.
3. Grab the scroll bar of this editor and pull it all the way down for example.
4. Click somewhere inside the visible area of this editor. The cursor will randomly jump to a different place and select some text.

Pretty sure these are all the same bug.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
  • Quick Links