Cache loading stops working, sometimes wont scrub backwards, sometimes just stops loading future frames and hangs on a single frame when parsing forward.

1141   2   0
11 posts
This didn't use to be an issue but i find as i get into more intense simulations and more interconnected sims like Whitewater, my sim and bgeo files just stop working.

It feels as though a Houdini scene gets corrupt over time as it starts quite stable, but once the slightest issue happens no matter what i try to do it starts happening more frequently. The problem gets worse over time. I work on 2 different machines with Houdini and I've experienced the issue on both.

Does anyone have any insight on this? It's been a major problem for me for the past couple weeks…
2539 posts
Sounds like your hard disk is going bad.
Is it an SSD or an old platter stlye hard drive?
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
11 posts
I've tried both the SSD on this computer and the larger terabyte hard drive, both have the same issue. It's not gating though. The water sims i'm able to cache. It's just frustrating having to bake out far into a sim to get a good bit of froth going so you can adjust your materials and renders only to have to restart it all over again once you find your look.
  • Quick Links