Instructor feedback - just my two cents

1901   3   2
350 posts

Quality of instruction for ANY complex software varies a great deal. As a novice wanted to share my (highly) biased feedback on a few popular teachers

John Moncrief - A++
especially for novices. His style of delivery, use or repetition, and attention to detail and explaining the obvious make him my TOP choice for novices and anyone wanting to learn HOW to teach complex software. Just wish he would cover more advanced topics and perhaps give more inspiring examples in his lessons.

Ari Danesh A-
Really like Ari's style. Have learned SO much from him! I think his existing online lessons which are close to an hour in length would benefit by being broken up into smaller ‘chunks’ and perhaps with a little more rehearsal.

Peter Quint B+
Although he covers probably more of Houdini's features than any other instructor I find his style of delivery a bit dry for my tastes. But wouldn't hesitate to recommend to others! Probably more suited to experienced Houdini users.

Edited by art3mis - Aug. 5, 2016 15:46:05
766 posts
What tutorials has John Moncrieft created ?
【T】【C】【S】
8 posts
I just finished John Moncrieft's “Introduction to Houdini 15” on Pluralsight/DigitalTutors and I agree, it was excellent!
  • Quick Links