Animate Copy and Chop.

1714   4   1
10 posts
Hi !
I have an issue : In the attached file you could see the begining of a blooming flower where I'm stuck at a point. I have two bend and one transform animated by a chop (the black nodes in the file), but I dont want the Expression to be
chop("../Blooming/_out/BlendSide2")
But more like
chop("../Blooming/_out/BlendSide$PNT")

The problem is : The PNT attribute is created after the copy node, which is way after the bend.

How could I do ? I've try a lot of things but I'm still stuck..

If you can help me or just if you try, Thanks a lot!

(And sorry, it's a bit confuse in my mind, so writing this in another language that my native one is harder.)

PS: If you find other ways to improve my file, don't hesitate to tell me

Attachments:
OpeningFlower.hipnc (350.7 KB)

2563 posts
You can construct a full chop(..) statement as a string and store it as an attribute on the point. Then turn on Stamping for the copy. Type in the name of the attribute which holds the string in the Attribute Stamps field. Then you can stamp the chop statement wherever you like. I am not sure of the exact goal but I have an example of the stamp working in the Bend3 field. Edit the string generated to reference another CHOP.
Edited by Enivob - Oct. 11, 2016 00:35:28

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (166.9 KB)
ap_OpeningFlower.hipnc (351.5 KB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
10 posts
Thanks !
The goal is pretty simple : it's to animate each petal using the corresponding curve in the chop. (I've maybe made this in a twisted way, I'm only 2 weeks old in houdini so forgive me )

I have a problem with your solution : it seem to work if I do this in only one node, but if I add a stamp attribute in the next bend for example, none of the both bend work anymore (and this even if the second bend is bypassed !)
What have I done wrong ?

In the attribute wrangle :
s@chop_path =sprintf('chop("../Blooming/_out/BlendSide%D")', @ptnum);
s@chop_path2 =sprintf('chop("../Blooming/_out/Blend%D")', @ptnum);
In the second bend :
stamp("../copy1","chop_path2",0)
2563 posts
You may not have included the new variable under the Attributes Stamp field of the Copy node. When you add a new variable you must let the Copy node know it exists by adding it to that field under the Stamp TAB.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
10 posts
This way ?

Attachments:
ap_OpeningFlower.hipnc (348.1 KB)

• Quick Links