shop_disable_shader rendering parameters

1593   2   1
17 posts
Hi,

I'm wondering how rendering parameters in Mantra > Shaders > shop_disable_* are supposed to work? It's pretty handy feature for globally disabling/enabling different parts of shaders but it seems to act quite odd. For instance if you want to use `shop_disable_displace_shader` it does work as expected if assigned to an object. If assigned to a ROP though, it doesn't seem to do anything. On the other hand, `shop_disable_surface_shader` seems to work for both object and ROP. `shop_disable_shadow_shader` didn't seem to do anything at all last time I tried to use it, although I am pretty sure I successfully used it in the past. So I'm confused. docs says nothing. are these some sort of obsolete parameters that don't work well with pbr or did I misunderstood something?

thanks for any replies.

D.
7813 posts
I wouldn't expect these shader specific properties to work unless attached to an object that has that type of shader assigned.
17 posts
well of course, I wouldn't expect that either that doesn't explain though why does it work rather oddly.
  • Quick Links