How to continue a simulation after a crash?

2119   1   0
12 posts
Hello everyone, I have a scenario and hope someone can help me figure it out. I have a water simulation and have it cached( The DOP I/O and used a file node to cache the necessary fields). I then added whitewater to the cache. Everything is working the way it is supposed to. I have the foam and splash already cached. I am trying to cache the bubbles but the electricity happened to blink on me twice due to the weather in over a week. And it's resulting in me having to start the simulation over and it is a very time consuming scene. Does anyone know of a way I can start caching again but be able to restart from where it ends if the electricity should blink again, and for future reference? Thank you very much.
Edited by intrigued - Nov. 29, 2016 13:44:21
337 posts
You can't continue a sim from a geometry cache file, you'll have to save out .sim files from DOPS for that. You'll still need to generate geometry caches for rendering, although I guess you can render directly from your DOPIO once you've cached out your .sim files but I've never tried it.
  • Quick Links