The license server may not serve licenses (MacOS Sierra)

10227   5   0
7 posts
Houdini 15.5 does not start on MacOS Sierra

When I try to activate non commercial version of Houdini on macOS Sierra (on MacOS El Capitan everything was fine) I see message:

———–
ERROR: Invalid machine name:

If possible, please fix any problems and try again.
If that doesn't work, you can manually get licenses from
http://license.sidefx.com/get_nc_license.php [license.sidefx.com]
———–

I use link to create license keys, but it also does not work.
I reinstall macOS Sierra at clean HD and the only software I have is Houdini.

At “Server Information” Tab “The license server may not serve licenses” is non active.

Attachments:
Снимок экрана 2016-12-21 в 14.46.57.png (104.4 KB)

2539 posts
I have found that the first time you run Houdini on OSX you need to be an administrator for the licensing tools to setup everything correctly. Try changing your current user login into an Admin account then run the installer again. Once the license is up and running change your account back to a basic user.

Just typing an Admin override during install is not enough because once the installer is complete, it no longer has admin rights so the first run falls back to the user permissions and can't write to protected system files.
Edited by Enivob - Dec. 21, 2016 09:30:59
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
7 posts
My current account is administrator account.
I create and change account to root, reinstall Houdini, but it still does not work. Problem is the same.
4189 posts
Try this:

For OS Sierra licensing problems, as a last resort, you could add a mapping to your /etc/hosts file. You just need to add this line to the file:
127.0.0.1 name-of-my-machine.local
1 posts
Bump.. same problem here, can anyone go into more detail about how to solve this?
214 posts
I just had this same issue. I uninstalled all of my Houdini versions and then deleted the entire sesi license folder from my machine. Reinstalled (first as an Apprentice version), then set up my licenses through the license manager. This worked for me, but I get a very slow response starting the program or launching a render. Working seems fine…
  • Quick Links