Failed to modify node or parameter because of a permission error..

1972   1   1
14 posts
On mac OSX, Houdini FX 15.5.523. I'm getting this error “Failed to modify node or parameter because of a permission error. Possible causes include locked assets, takes, product permissions, or user-specified permissions.”

If i click show details, i get this: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “sop_clip”, line 5, in <module>
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/15.5.523/Resources/houdini/python2.7libs/toolutils.py”, line 1182, in new_func
return function(*args, **kwargs)
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/15.5.523/Resources/houdini/python2.7libs/soptoolutils.py”, line 670, in genericTool
exact_node_type = exact_node_type)
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/15.5.523/Resources/houdini/python2.7libs/toolutils.py”, line 1185, in new_func
“Failed to modify node or parameter because of a permission ”
Error: Failed to modify node or parameter because of a permission error. Possible causes include locked assets, takes, product permissions or user-specified permissions.

Don't know what to do here. very new to Houdini. just wanted to play with Organic Tissue/Solid Object.

I was following along with this tutorial: https://vimeo.com/118406486 [vimeo.com] At around 5:30, when he add's a clip node, that's where i get this error. All the nodes/parameters are just greyed out for me.

nothing to do with takes, not sure how to check for locked assets, and there shouldn't be any trouble with product permissions.

Again, I;m a huge Houdini noob..

Any ideas?
253 posts
Can't you post the hip file ?
  • Quick Links