Smoke Bounding Box

4913   2   0
12 posts
So I resized the container but still that smaller white box doesn't go the full size and it cutting off the bottom of my smoke sim. Is there a way to make it bigger or move it down?

Sorry I dont know the technical names…

I attached a screenshot showing my problem

Attachments:
BoundingBox.JPG (65.9 KB)

2540 posts
By default, the Reference Field inside the resize_container node of the AutoDopNetwork only tracks the density field. Try typing the word temperature after density. This will cause the resize_container to base it's bounding area on both fields, not just density. I also switch to the Max Bounds tab and deactivate Clamp To Maximum. Under Bounds tab I usually up padding to 0.5.

If those tips don't work go ahead and post your example file.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
12 posts
Thanks! Super weird. So I tried actually a lot of them things you mentioned yesterday and couldn't get it to work properly. I literally just opened the file and now its a lot better. I feel like some of my changes dont get updated in my sims or something.

I had this weird problem with the glue constraint too. I think I mentioned it in my other thread, but I can change something else and the glue will just change. So whenever I change a setting, i have to like offset my glue strength by 1, for it to “update” or something. Weird.
  • Quick Links